Hi! I’m Shauna LaVoy Reynolds, and I’m trying to make the world a lovelier place by writing uncommon stories for uncommon children. I live in a house full of books outside of Nashville, Tennessee with my husband David, our weird and wonderful children, and a neurotic poodle.
I have been a Book Person for as long as I can remember. I was the kid pleading to stay up late enough to read one more chapter — and another, and another. Now I’m raising two small Book People who share my passion for words and stories. (They also share my passion for baked goods and silliness — nature or nurture? We will never know.) It’s a thrilling responsibility.
If my stories leave anyone begging to stay up past bedtime, I’ll know I’m doing my job correctly.
Shauna Fun Facts!
(Because everyone loves fun facts, right?)
- I don’t own any plain white socks. Some of my favorite socks are printed with manatees, superhero chickens, fried eggs, and sloths.
- I once took an aerial tour of Atlanta on the Goodyear Blimp. It was amazing!
- At 5’11” I might seem tall, but among my mom, dad, and baby brother I am the shortest. I’m the tallest person in my house now, but my kids are catching up fast!
- I have lived in six different states, but have been in my current home of Tennessee the longest.
- My favorite book of all time is Charlotte’s Web, but I’m afraid of spiders.
- I’m allergic to most dogs, but poodles don’t bother me. They are my favorite animal on this planet. Narwhals are a close second.
- My favorite food is birthday cake, with regular non-birthday cake at a close second.
- I like breakfast for dinner better than breakfast for breakfast. Especially Nightwaffles. (They’re waffles, but later.)
- I’m the founder and president of the Green Pants Club. If you’re wearing green pants, you’re probably a member and don’t even know it.
- All my favorite jobs have involved books. I’ve worked in a bookstore, sold books at a toy store, and worked at public libraries. Now I get to write books and can’t wait to see them on the shelves at all of those places!
I am represented by Adriana Dominguez of Full Circle Literary. She’s the best.